[obol] New backyard bird and an exciting return

  • From: Erin Madden <erin.madden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 13:21:34 -0800

This morning I heard what I thought was a scrub jay being very loud in our
yard. I investigated to find that it was in fact a stellar jay (new yard
bird for us) harassing a barred owl (seen last year around this time and
through the new year). Our yard is just south of SE Powell and Caesar
Chavez in Portland. Although it is large (over 1/3 acre), it is always
surprising to see species that I only expect to see in much less urban
locales.

erin