[obol] NAMC data: Clarification for non-eBird users

  • From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 22:14:09 -0700

Hi all,

My last posting seems to have caused concern for some non-eBird users,
so I'd like to clarify.

In a nutshell: If you're willing to take the time to type up your list
by whatever method is easiest for you, and send it to me by e-mail, I'll
be glad to work with it.

I was just trying to communicate the way that I'd prefer to receive
eBird-generated lists, as e-mailed lists rather than as web links. That
way all the required information is in one e-mail, and there is no need
to click through additional web pages and pop-up windows to gather all
of the essential details.

Also don't worry about giving latitude/longitude coordinates for your
counts -- we don't need that level of detail. A regular verbal
description of the area(s) where you birded is sufficient (for example:
"Powell Butte" or "Tualatin NWR" or "my yard in Tigard"). That will let
us to check and adjust for overlaps coverage.

So, don't worry if your list is not in the latest taxonomic order or you
don't have detailed coordinates. So long as you list your hours, miles,
and numbers of birds (whether you call them "Steller's Jays" or "Stellar
jays"), that is all easy to sort out from an e-mail message.

Thanks & happy birding,
Joel

--
Joel Geier