[obol] McMinnville

  • From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 12:52:22 -0700

I forward Dave's motion. I worked the McMinnville farmers' market three seasons
in a row, and it' s an impressive downtown indeed. At long last it is
associated with a CBC, organized by none other than Paul. When I read "Meet at
Jake's Deli 7am the morning of the count" I imagined the Tillamook Count years
ago when a dozen people showed up at the Big Cheese and tried to cover all
sectors. That scenario pertains for Brownsville today. I was shocked to find
assembled, not in the front dining area but the banquet room, 45 people. 110
species for the day, first count in its history. I have covered the "best'(most
species rich) sector in the Coquille CBC and the second best sector in Coos.
Sometimes I reached 80 species for the day at those coastal locations. I rode
around with Dave and Shawneen for the day and we finished with 89 species,
primarily recorded inside the city limits of Mac. We even set foot repeatedly
in what would have to count as downtown.
     Lars