[obol] Malheur rarities 9/26-9/28 (photos)

  • From: Noah Strycker <noah.strycker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 21:08:36 -0700

Hi birders,

My dad and I spent a pleasant, if occasionally damp, three-day weekend in
Harney County. Some bird highlights (scroll down linked pages for photos):

A MAGNOLIA WARBLER accompanied a mixed flock in Page Springs C.G. on Friday
morning, in the willows by the entrance to the river trail:

About half an hour later, I pished up a CANADA WARBLER at P Ranch, in the
dense trees by the entrance to the canal trail, apparently about the 10th
Oregon record:

On Saturday, a SABINE'S GULL was with a few shorebirds (including a BAIRD'S
SANDPIPER) on the alkali playa at Alvord Hot Springs:

And a GRAY CATBIRD was at Malheur HQ, seen again there this morning:

Good birding,

Noah Strycker