[obol] Malheur NWR 9/10 Found field guide

  • From: Demian Ebert <coffehound@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 17:08:30 -0700

Afternoon.

Nothing spectacular at Malheur today. Birded the headquarters and drove the
Patrol Road. There is not much water around. There were100s of dowitchers
at Benson Ponds, a scattering of Greater and Lesser Yellolegs, White-faced
Ibis, lots of Great Egrets, a few Snowey's, and a decent assortment of
ducks. Most of the shorebirds at Benson were too far out for me to ID even
with a scope.

I found a field guide on the Patrol Road just north of Benson Pondsm If you
are missing one and can ID it, we're in site #26 at Page Springs Campground
thru Saturday or email me and I'll send it to you.

Demian Ebert