[obol] Lost Lake Birds

  • From: Jack Williamson <jack.williamson.jr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 17:07:09 -0700

We birded Lost Lake off Hwy 20 (3 miles west of the summit of the cascade
range) this morning.  The weather was spectacular and the birds were
interesting.  Seven GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GEESE, close views of two
cooperative GREATER YELLOWLEGS, more RUBY-CROWNED KINGLETS than we could
count, one GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLET, loads of VARIED THRUSH and DARK-EYED
JUNCO, a few STELLER'S JAY, one MERLIN repeatedly strafing the edges of
nearby willows, an assortment of (Audubon's and Myrtle) YELLOW-RUMPED
WARBLER, and notably one ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER, which we found last year
at the same location but twenty days earlier on September 14, 2013.

http://www.jack-n-jill.net/blog/2014/10/lost-lake-hwy-20

--
Jack Williamson
West Linn, Oregon