[obol] Re: Local Swainson's Thrush Fallout

  • From: gerard.lillie@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: llsdirons@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 15:59:18 +0000 (UTC)

I heard some this morning on Mt. Tabor as well.

The Hinkles may comment on this: They texted me yesterday about noon. There was
a very large fall out on Mt. Tabor, undoubtedly due to the previous night's
heavy rain and thunderstorm. There were very big numbers of birds. I was only
able to stay about 25, too-short minutes. It has been several years since I
have seen a fall out of this magnitude on Tabor and never in fall. Warblers
were everywhere. I can only imagine the number of hummingbirds spread
throughout the park. The Hinkles had one BLACK SWIFT (a bird I have been
looking for on Tabor for 25 years!) and nine species of warblers when I saw
them. I couldn't go there today and hope some of the birds are still there
Saturday.

Gerard Lillie
Mt. Tabor
Portland, OR