[obol] Little Gull Tues AM - Nope

  • From: Noah Strycker <noah.strycker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 16:11:47 -0700

Hi birders,

I scoped from the Agency Lake Resort from 8:15 to 12:15 this morning,
joined by Cathy from Bend for a couple of hours, no dice. Only five
Bonaparte's used the roost spot, no Franklin's, and no Common Terns. But
there appeared to be dozens of Bonaparte's feeding way out on the middle of
the lake, in the shimmer zone, and I have a feeling that the Little Gull
was out there with them... so I wouldn't assume that it's gone.

I did see a very distant SABINE'S GULL, two SNOW GEESE, a MERLIN, and
thousands of other birds, so it was pleasant enough morning.

Good birding,

Noah Strycker