[obol] Larch (Multnomah) Black-backed Woodpeckers and Common Nighthawks

  • From: pnitens@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 17:22:13 -0700

I cycled up to Larch Mountain yesterday and after a bit of a hike in the
general area described by Em Scattaregia was able to find two Black-backed
Woodpeckers foraging together. Some so-so shots of one of them:
http://www.qfwfq.org/larch/black-backed-woodpecker-20150624a.jpg
http://www.qfwfq.org/larch/black-backed-woodpecker-20150624b.jpg
http://www.qfwfq.org/larch/black-backed-woodpecker-20150624c.jpg

Before taking off I waited at one of the higher elevation clear-cuts and
at 7:30 the first Common Nighthawk appeared. Since I had a long ride home,
I didn't dally to see if all six of the ones Jen Sanford reported would
show.

Thanks Em and Jen. Both were new county/state/motorless birds for me.

Tait
NW Portland