[obol] Re: Lane Coast Sightings AM & PM

  • From: Wayne Hoffman <whoffman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: surfbird@xxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 09:13:09 -0700

Hi -

A comment about your yellowlegs tenderizing the fish:  I have observed and
photographed Gr. Yellowlegs doing this with Three-spined Sticklebacks,
which would be the most likely fish in the Dogpond.  Sticklebacks have
three tall, stiff spines on their backs, and the yellowlegs are trying to
break them off before attempting to swallow the fish.

Wayne