[obol] Lane Coast Sightings 11-13 Apr 2014

  • From: "Diane Pettey" <surfbird@xxxxx>
  • To: "OBOL" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 08:35:29 -0700

Greetings OBOLers,
Over the past several days, we've spent a lot more time gardening/yardworking. We saw a male TOWNSEND'S WARBLER, heard BLACK-THROATED GRAY WARBLER and ORANGE-CROWN WARBLER, an incessantly "singing' WRENTIT (barely a breath between choruses!), and still present two FOX SPARROWS and three WHITE-THROATED SPARROWS.

Three species of woodpeckers are again breeding in our neighborhood - and emptying our suet fairly fast - DOWNY, HAIRY, and N. FLICKER.

Two days ago, it got up to 75 and butterflies were really out/migrating. We found Hoary Comma, Satyr Comma, Mourning Cloak, and a male Acmon Blue.

regards,
Diane Pettey/Mike McDermet
Heceta Beach, OR