[obol] Lane Co. Rose-breasted Grosbeak (near Creswell)

  • From: Noah Strycker <noah.strycker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 09:34:14 -0700

Hi birders,

I was running on the treadmill just now and glanced out the window to see a
male ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK on the feeder!

A photo can be seen here (scroll down to the end of the checklist):

This is about five miles east of Creswell (south of Eugene, Lane Co.). I'll
be around home for a few more hours; if anyone is interested in looking for
the bird, please let me know and I'll send you directions.

Good birding,

Noah Strycker

PS - Today is my last day at home, in Oregon, during my world big year! The
year list is up to 2,728 species, and this afternoon I'm heading for New
York... then New Jersey, Iceland, and Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia
for the rest of the year. It's been an amazing adventure so far - only
seven more months to go ;)

*Follow my progress in 2015 **at audubon.org/noah
<http://audubon.org/noah> **as I try to become the first person to see
5,000 bird species in a single year of birding around the world.*