[obol] Klamath YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER

  • From: Russ Namitz <namitzr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Freelist <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "klamathbasinbirdnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <klamathbasinbirdnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 19:14:06 -0800

I was able to refind the YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER on Front St in Klamath Falls
today.  The tree the bird is frequenting is located here (42.240162,
-121.807166).
At Veteran's Park (Lake Euwana) there were 9 HERRING, 2 THAYER'S & 2
GLAUCOUS-WINGED GULLS out on the lake while the dock was choked with
Ring-billed & California Gulls.
I was able to see the typical raptor species along Lower Klamath, Township &
Stateline Roads.
I returned to Veteran's Park at dusk to check the gull flock, but arrived too
late to see much except that there were 2 huge groups (several hundred each) of
Ring-billed & California Gulls.
Good birding,Russ NamitzMedford, OR