[obol] JoCo Mandarin duck and prairie falcon, among others

  • From: Zia Fukuda <zialeefukuda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 10:59:49 -0800

Third time is the charm...kinda.

The Mandarin duck finally showed itself in the puddle along with the wood
ducks. What a beautiful bird! The flock has been moving back and forth
between the puddle and the creek, so some waiting may be in order.
To keep you busy during the wait,(if there is one,) there are plenty of
other birds around. In the span of about ten minutes, I picked up a
red-tail, red-shouldered, merlin, kestrel, AND a prairie falcon. When I was
out on Thursday looking for the ducks, three adult bald eagles were soaring
over the ft. Vanoy vegetable stand.
Good birding all around.
Cheers,
Zia