[obol] Re: Jackson Bottom Wetlands Citizen Science project invitation

  • From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 12:12:14 -0700

Hi all,

Steve Engel kindly pointed out that this project at Jackson Bottom
Wetlands Preserve is not the same one that Joe Liebezeit and Jay
Withgott had going -- which is for Fernhill Wetlands. I seem to have
gotten the two Wash Co wetlands mixed up. The two projects are similar
but with some differences in focus & methods.

I'll be working with both projects to provide baseline data from
Birdnotes. The quantity of data is similar for the two sites, and was in
many cases gathered by the same Washington Co. birders. going back to
1993.

Just in case anyone would like to use Birdnotes to participate in this
project, I've set up the 9 monitoring areas (or "hotspots" as they're
called in ebird parlance) within Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve:

http://birdnotes.net/site-guides/one-site-guide.acs?locale_id=1780&root_locale_id=1005

Good birding,
Joel