[obol] Green Herons, Albany

  • From: Jamie Boulton <bluespark59@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 20:31:15 -0700

While walking down to the river's edge in Bryant Park (just upstream from
the bridge), we surprised two Green Herons who were standing in the
shallows near some tall grasses. One flew off right away but the other one
stood still for a bit, giving us a chance to admire his/her? striking
plumage. Directly facing us, he slowly extended his neck which was streaked
with brown and cream with deep reddish brown sides. Then he lifted up and
flew off to our left and the sun illuminated his blue-green head and back.
What a pretty bird!

Jamie Boulton