[obol] Re: Greater White-fronted Goose Migration Routes

  • From: Bigrocketman@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 12:31:09 +0000 (UTC)

As Matt Hunter reported for Douglas County, I have yet to see or hear a single
one of these geese in the Eugene area. I know that some people have seen a few
going over here, however. Last year at this time, there were hordes of them
overhead for more than a week, night and day. But they do change their routes
over the years. When I was younger, there were none of them that were ever seen
here. in the late Nineteenth and early Twentieth Centuries, most of them
migrated over Eastern Oregon. At that time, my grandfather stood near his house
in the town of Fox and shot a dozen or so, each Spring and Fall.

Steve McDonald

http://www.ipernity.com/home/305883
http://flickr.com/photos/22121562@N00/
http://www.vimeo.com/user458315/videos