[obol] Grasshopper Sparrows in Linn County

  • From: Barbara Combs <bcombs232@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 16:18:53 -0700

Yesterday I found some Grasshopper Sparrows near the cemetery that is just
east of Brownsville along Kirk Road.  They were in a grass field to the
south of the first segment of the access road, near a spot where there is a
gap in the fence to a large grass field, with a large wooden post on either
side of the gap.  Exact location is on eBird.  I was really lucky because
one flew in front of the car as I was leaving the area.  It flew south and
quickly plopped down into the oblivion of the grass field. Eventually I saw
possibly 3 individuals, though it could have been only two if I missed some
of the movement of a bird that seemed to be a part of a pair.

--
Barbara Combs   obie '70
Lane County, OR