[obol] Goshawk

  • From: BILL ROSIE <watice@xxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 02:24:35 +0000

Hi All,
About 10 minutes ago while my wife and I were taking a stroll in the garden, we
had an adult Northern Goshawk fly not 50 feet over our heads. I was able to
see the bird coming maybe a hundred yards away so was able to alert my wife to
watch it fly over. Pretty cool! Seems to be an out of season place for that
species. They are rare enough in the valley and/or coast range when not
breeding. Maybe I should have started a big year earlier....................

Bill Tice: Birding - The best excuse for getting outdoors, and avoiding chores.