[obol] Godwit update - 5/20/2015

  • From: Mike Patterson <celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, swalalahos <swalalahos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 16:47:12 -0700

Word on the street is that the HUDSONIAN GODWIT was seen this morning
on Youngs Bay across from Utzingers Hardware on the 101 business loop.

I saw the WILLET around 13:00hr on the bay near Tapiola Park (where the
Black-headed Gull was earlier this year).

A WESTERN KINGBIRD was flycatching on the ground at the horse corral at
the south corner on Wireless Rd this afternoon. I got a nice photo of
it resting on some horse apples...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mbalame/17288853974

Still plenty of SANDERLINGS on the beach...

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR