[obol] Fwd: Pine Grosbeaks Linn on N PCT

  • From: jmeredit@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 18:42:11 -0800

Three of us went about 20 minutes up the PCT on the north side and in
the low lodgepole, on a rocky hillside, we had Pine Grosbeaks below us
throughout the area, on the ground, some perching up, singing and close
enough for ohs and ahs. We estimated 40 or more in a loose flock. We
went to the south bound PCT off east side of Big Lake and others on the
trail said they had Pine Grosbeaks near the parking area at the
trailhead however we did not find them. We had many Varied Thrush
singing and calling on the south throughout. No Am Three toed found but
Hairy abundant. Birders, Steve Kornfeld, Sheran Wright and Judy
Meredith, jmeredit@xxxxxxxxxxx