[obol] Fwd: Grasshopper Sparrows and other cool grassland birds north of Oakland (Douglas Co.)

  • From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 May 2015 16:29:20 -0700

Hi all,

Below is a message that I sent to the Umpqua Birds list. GRASSHOPPER
SPARROWS seem to be back in force and on territory on grasslands in the
Umpqua Valley's ranching country. Also of interest for sparrow fans,
there seems to still be a large wave of migrant SAVANNAH SPARROWS coming
through.

I have to applaud the Oregon Birding Association for choosing to hold
this year's annual meeting in this region, in Sutherlin June 5th - 7th.
This is a great opportunity to experience some of western Oregon's best
examples of large-scale grassland bird habitat.

Happy birding,
Joel