[obol] Fernhill Wetlands - Pelicans continue, BC Night Herons again

  • From: Steve Nord <stevernord@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 12:23:15 -0700

OBOL;

I birded Fernhill soon after sunrise again today.  Think that is the trick
to seeing the NIGHT HERONS, being first on the trail.  This morning they
were on the mitigation ponds, seen from the eastern gazebo.  Today's birds
were all 1st year birds, I did not see the sub-adult I saw 2 days ago.

The 48 WHITE PELICANS continue on mitigation ponds and some on the main
pond.

2 BANK SWALLOWS, perched in a bare tree on the dike along Eagle Perch
Pond.  This small tree hosted 6 species of swallows, most were immature.
Great opportunity to study these plumages with them sitting still.

Complete report on my eBird report:

Good Birding
Steve Nord
Beaverton, OR