[obol] Fern Ridge Tuesday

  • From: "John Sullivan" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "oropendolas@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 11:01:49 -0400

Hello All,

I walk from Royal south through the Fisher Unit late yesterday afternoon. Some
highlights were:

Greater White-fronted Goose - 1, hanging with 42 Pelicans southwest of the
Royal Platform.

Redhead - 1, not many around this year.

Blue-winged Teal - 13 at least. 11 Males and 2 obvious females southeast of the
Royal Platform.

Great Egret - 8, a lot for here this time of year.

Black-necked Stilt - 2

Avocet - 1, Sitting on the nest

Semipalmated Plover - 1, late

Least Sandpiper - 1, late

Wilson's Phalarope - 6

Herring Gull - 1, worn adult. Photos can be seen here:

Gull sp. - 1, 1st winter California was my guess, too far for pics.

Black Tern ~ 24, mostly out west of the Fisher Unit, but several close birds
too.

Good Birding,

John Sullivan
Springfield, OR