[obol] Fern Ridge Sharp-tail photos, Golden Plovers

  • From: "John Sullivan" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "oropendolas@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 01:11:02 -0400

Here are a few distant digiscoped shots of the Sharp-tailed Sandpiper from
tonight. Google Earth shows it was at just over 200 yards.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125676955@N04/sets/72157647855496477/

Other Highlights from a walk around the Royal observation platform pond this
afternoon were:

Cackling Goose - 90
Horned Grebe - 1

GOLDEN PLOVER - 2 (a second bird was with what appears to be the same AMERICAN
GOLDEN PLOVER that has been there for several days now. At 300+ yards, the two
birds look nearly identical, same coloration on wings, back and breast, both
show a prominent white supercillium, but I could not get close enough to see
the primaries well. So, I'm not sure about the ID of the second bird)

Black-bellied Plover - 25
Killdeer - 50
Greater Yellowlegs - 20
Lesser Yellowlegs - 1