[obol] Fern Ridge Fisher Unit

  • From: John Sullivan <Oropendolas@xxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 22:09:19 -0700

Hello All,

From the Royal Avenue Observation Platform, Luke Ferrenburg, Kelsey O'Sullivan
and I found one HORNED GREBE in breeding plumage in the pond to the east. From
the dike to the west and south, looking back towards the observation platform,
were two breeding plumage EARED GREBES. A pair of REDHEAD and a single drake
EURASIAN WIGEON were in the same area. A large flock of BLACK-BELLIED PLOVERS,
many in full breeding plumage were hopping around like rock pipers on Caspian
Tern Island at the west end of Royal Avenue. Hendrik Herlyn, Oscar Harper,
Adrian Hinkle, Thomas Meinzen and I stopped at the Royal oak grove on our way
out just in time to watch an adult SHARP-SHINNED HAWK zip into the lone oak
west of the grove, which reinforced our suspicion that no Lewis's Woodpecker
was hiding in the branches there.

Good Birding,

John Sullivan
Springfield, OR