[obol] Fern Ridge Black-bellied Plover and Pectoral Sandpipers

  • From: Ellen Cantor <ellencantor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 08:57:41 -0700

Yesterday afternoon I kept walking west on the old Royal roadbed after
watching the SHARP-TAILED SANDPIPER with Alan Prigge.  We had also seen
quite a few PECTORAL SANDPIPERS, and I kept seeing more as I walked.  Maybe
a total of about a dozen, probably more scattered out there on the
mudflats.  Almost to the road that goes out to Giibson Island, I also saw a
non-breeding BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER far out on the flats.  Also, a few
scattered GREATER YELLOWLEGS, GREAT EGRETS, flocks of LEAST SANDPIPERS.

Ellen in Eugene