[obol] Fern Ride Royal 5/10

  • From: Luke Ferrenburg <lukeferrenburg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 14:19:17 -0700

John Sullivan and I met Matrayia (sorry if I misspelled the name) at the royal
area this morning. Highlights from today include a FORSTER'S TERN that was well
seen and photographed on and flying around pelican island. Also on Pelican
island 18 BONAPARTE'S GULL. Also on pelican island was an AMERICAN AVOCET that
was behaving as if it was incubating an egg. We witnessed the avocet leave and
return to the same spot five times and would dig out the dirt like it was
creating a scrape. Complete list on ebird.

Tern picture
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lukasferrenburg/8727291530/in/photostream

-Luke Ferrenburg