[obol] Father's Day Surprise: Western Screech Owl Baby Owlet Photos

  • From: Jim Leonard <photojleonard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 10:10:13 -0700

Yesterday (Father's Day) I was photographing Dragonfly's on my pond when I
looked up at my Wood Duck nesting box and there was and owl looking out. I
looked closer and it was a Western Screech Owl Baby Owlet. I have never
seen or photographed one before. The Western Screech Owl adults have used
the box the last few years but I was never able to see any owlets. This
year in March I saw an adult almost every afternoon looking out of the
nesting box. I hadn't seen one since the end of March. This owlet must be
have been hatched around the end of March or beginning of April. I don't
know how long it takes for them to mature. Click on link below for Owlet
photos and photos of the adult. Happy Birding, Jim Leonard.

https://picasaweb.google.com/108302360004365615395/WesternScreechOwlOwletMacleay?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKGC44jFo4bfsAE&feat=directlink