[obol] FOY Wilson's Warbler

  • From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 08:59:11 -0700

    Pamela Johnston and Joni Dawning both reported Wilson's Warblers for the
first time this year in their yards. I too heard them in mine on Easter here on
the extreme east slope of the Coast Range in nw Washington County. I spent a
long time on the roof Saturday morning enjoying the dawn chorus and heard none.
Impressive what a unified effort this or that species makes this time of year.
I suppose weather has everything to do with it. None (Wilson's) audible today.
Last night at 7pm 70 White-fronted Geese flew over, headed due north oddly
enough. Every other spring flock I have observed in my life was headed nw.
Twenty minutes later a flock of 150 came along, pursuing the "proper" azimuth.
 Lars