[obol] FOS Orange Crowned Warbler calling territory at Camassia natural area

  • From: Jack Williamson <jack.williamson.jr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 17:08:22 -0700

I thought I would take a quick walk through Camassia this afternoon to
check on migrants and progress of the wildflower bloom.  I was happy to
find 3 male Orange Crowned Warbler singing on territory but shocked to find
the camas lily in full bloom on most of the preserve. A very weird sight -
the last few years peak bloom occurred the second and third weeks of May
when all the deciduous trees and shrubs had already fully leafed out. Now
the camas lily is surround by comparatively stark landscape.  Something is
out of whack.

--
Jack Williamson
West Linn, Oregon