[obol] Eurasian Collared-Dove

  • From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 14:19:53 -0700

Russ reminded me that one day last week, I'd have to look up the date, but Kathy and I were driving thru Bandon around 5-530 PM and we had about 200 Eurasian Collared Doves fly over us in two large flocks. At first we were puzzled by what birds of that size are flocking and flying around, but then we got decent looks and we were a bit taken aback by the sheer numbers of them. I must say I don't think any of us are surprised by the Collared Dove extravaganza at this stage, but still, 200 birds at the same time same place pretty much blew us away. This is a species that was rare to unheard of not all that long ago!

Cheers
Dave Lauten and Kathy Castelein
Bandon OR