[obol] Eugene/Lane County Vaux's Swifts - FOY - 4/9/2014

  • From: "Anne & Dan Heyerly" <tanager@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 13:06:07 -0700

Yesterday evening as the sun was going down I noticed two jets heading south
high up in the western sky, and they seemed very close together with one
overtaking the other. They seemed to be at the same altitude but were maybe
200 meters apart? I thought to myself:  military pilots like videogames,
motorcycles, snowmobiles, or jet skis. Whatever. They are young and
bulletproof.

As I was watching the jets I noticed some other low-flying objects in the
western sky: Vaux's Swifts (2). First of the year for me here in the Ferry
St. Bridge area of Eugene. And since no one else in Eugene has reported them
I don't think, I do so now!

Good Birding,

Dan Heyerly, Eugene