[obol] Eugene odd bushtits

  • From: "woodenapple@xxxxxxxx" <woodenapple@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 17:34:21 GMT

Greetings, Obolists!

Among a flock of 7 or 8 Bushtits just now in our Eugene/Santa Clara-area
backyard were 4 with bright yellow faces! Other than facial coloration, there
was nothing to suggest that they were other than Bushtits. I presume they have
have acquired this color from some food source?

 I believe that there was a recent report from the Eugene area of a flock of
Verdin. If that flock had been comprised of individuals such as these, such an
identification would be completely understandable.

Also in the yard this morning were 3 Chipping Sparrows, for the third sighting
in the last 3 weeks. Of note is that this is the first time I can recall seeing
more than a single bird at one time at our location.

Rudi