[obol] Eugene Wed morning

  • From: Kit Larsen <kit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 11:35:41 -0700

We spent about 2.5 hours birding Skinner's Butte in Eugene under cloudy skies and a few drops of rain. Notable were the number of Tanagers, as many as 50 flocking through as we arrived at 7:45am, but then showed only occasionally in ones and twos. Wilson's Warbler and Warbling Vireo were abundant, with Bushtit, Cassin's Vireo, and Orange-crowned Warbler common. The following is a list of the morning's sightings. There may be others I missed.

Turkey Vulture
Bald Eagle
Vaux's Swift
Anna's Hummingbird
Downy Woodpecker
Olive-sided Flycatcher
Western Wood-Pewee
Cassin's Vireo
Warbling Vireo
Steller's Jay
Western Scrub-Jay
Tree Swallow
Barn Swallow
Black-capped Chickadee
Chestnut-backed Chickadee
Bushtit
Red-breasted Nuthatch
Brown Creeper
Bewick's Wren
American Robin
European Starling
Orange-crowned Warbler
MacGillivray's Warbler
Black-throated Gray Warbler
Wilson's Warbler
Song Sparrow
Golden-crowned Sparrow
Western Tanager
Black-headed Grosbeak
Brown-headed Cowbird
House Finch
Lesser Goldfinch
American Goldfinch
Evening Grosbeak

Kit Larsen with Dennis Arendt, Jim Regali, Sylvia Maulding, Sara Vascocellos, Chuck Thomas, Dave Brown, Judy and Steven Franzen, Jim Ott, joined on the butte by Maitrea, Dave Hill, and Al Prigge.