[obol] East Clark County Birds

  • From: "Wilson Cady" <gorgebirds@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: tweeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 22:02:45 GMT

Today, Brandon Wagner and  did a little Clark County birding after I passed on
35 pounds of Oregon Bird magazines to him. At Fallen Leaf Park in Camas, we had
the continuing male TUFTED DUCK and two BROWN CREEPERS. The Steigerwald Lake
NWR, in Washougal, provided us with nice views of AMERICAN BITTERN, MERLIN,
PEREGRINE FALCON, SAY'S PHOEBE, NORTHERN SHRIKE and two Audubon's YELLOW-RUMPED
WARBLERS. Lonesome George, the now resident MUTE SWAN was in full display. The
main trail and parking lot coming in from Highway 14 remains closed due to
repair work being completed after last October's grass fire. From what I could
surmise from the level of progress I think that the trail will be able to be
reopened by next weekend  Wilson Cady
Columbia River Gorge, WA