[obol] EGYPTIAN GOOSE: Why go to Florida?

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: llsdirons@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 14:41:58 -0800

For species like Egyptian Goose, we don't need a field guide, just a recipe
book.

This is a larger issue. I think we do birders a disservice by showing large
swaths of Oregon as containing Ring-necked Pheasants, when in fact large swaths
of Oregon contain little but recent releases and their spawn. In some areas
there is little meaningful difference between the status of a pheasant crossing
the road and that of a Bobwhite.
.
.
Alan Contreras