[obol] ECAS Wednesday, mostly Crook County

  • From: jmeredit@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 16:32:28 -0800

Basically car birding, visiting Reif Rd, Powell Butte, Houston Lks, Zalunardo residence, Brasada area. Thanks to Cindy for hospitality and to Chuck and Cindy for going on part of her raptor route. Quite the raptor day! I know we had more than 20 BALD EAGLES, mostly around Houston Lakes area. Many N. Harriers, mostly on the ground. Only added one species for the Wednesday year list, Greater White-fronted Goose at 1st Brasada pond, bringing us to 106. People sent lists to ebird, thanks. This is just the sum for the day.

This report was mailed for Judy Meredith by http://birdnotes.net
Greater White-fronted Goose
Canada Goose
Gadwall, Houston
American Wigeon
Mallard
Northern Shoveler
Northern Pintail
Green-Winged Teal
Ring-necked Duck
Bufflehead
Hooded Merganser
Common Merganser
Great Blue Heron
Bald Eagle
Northern Harrier
Cooper's Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk
Rough-legged Hawk
American Kestrel
Merlin
Prairie Falcon
Killdeer, at Johnson Ranch Rd pond
Rock Dove
Eurasian Collared-Dove
Mourning Dove
Northern Flicker
Western Scrub-Jay
Black-billed Magpie
Common Raven
Townsend's Solitaire
American Robin
European Starling
Spotted Towhee
Song Sparrow
White-crowned Sparrow, Thanks Cindy
Golden-crowned Sparrow, Thanks Cindy
Dark-eyed Junco
Red-winged Blackbird
Western Meadowlark
House Finch
American Goldfinch
House Sparrow
Total number of species seen: 42
Birders today, Steve Dyer, Evan Thomas, Susan Groskiewicz, Jan Rising, Sue Bertsch, David Vick, Tom Penpraze, Chuck Gates, Cindy Zalunardo, Sherrie Pierce, Diane Burgess, Howard Horvath, Judy Meredith. NEXT WEEK, early start, valley refuges, details later. Good birding, Judy, jmeredit@xxxxxxxxxxx
POST: Send your post to obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
JOIN OR QUIT: //www.freelists.org/list/obol
OBOL archives: www.freelists.org/archive/obol
Contact moderator: obol-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx