[obol] Douglas Co birds

  • From: Russ Namitz <namitzr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 15:27:28 -0800

I took the back way from Medford to Canyonville this morning specifically to
look for Oak Titmouse south of and around Tiller.  Unfortunately every patch of
oak along the paved road was accompanied by a residence, complete with
suspicious occupants & barking dogs.

There was a pair of circling adult GOLDEN EAGLES just south of Drew and a
MERLIN zipped across the highway in Milo.

I also saw an accessable patch of Ponderosa pine that looks excellent for
Flammulated Owl and Common Poorwill that I fully intend to explore come
April/May.

Good birding,
Russ Namitz
Medford