[obol] Depoe Bay (near Boiler Bay in the afternoon)

  • From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 16:33:35 -0700

Owen Schmidt and I continued to sea-bird until 4:15 PM.  Surprisingly the
usually further off shore seabirds were closer to land as the day progressed.
Northern Fulmars continued to the end of our birding, as did the rest of the
species that we had seen earlier.  We finally added Sabine's Gull to our day
list.  Owen got a photo of a flying alcid that is likely a transitional plumage
of Marbled Murrelet, but we will have to look at the photo on a computer screen.

Jeff Gilligan