[obol] Dallas doings

  • From: Andrew Marshall <andrewm25@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 01:00:41 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

What ho there Obolites!
Got home today to find a pair of RED TAILED HAWKS doing courtship stuff in the
air over the house.  There are also two male COLLARED DOVES alternately wooing
the lone female (who is busy building a nest in one of our pines) and
squabbling over the territory.  The marker seems to be the road, as one stays
on one side, the other stays on our side, and bellows from the top of the
telephone pole outside our house.  Annoying little chap he is.  I would much
rather have our MOURNING DOVES back, but then again, ODFW must be right, the
doves do not compete, just that our mourning doves who have been here every
year were absent last year, and seem to be this year too.  Obviously they have
decided that our place did not suit them and have moved on.
At the bottom of our hill a female ANNA'S HUMMINGBIRD was spotted gathering
willow fluff and vanishing off in a northerly direction, returning shortly to
buzz the willow catkins and pluck at them again, before buzzing off once more,
to repeat this several times.
A TURKEY VULTURE circles over Dallas, canting in the wind before veering off
and vanishing behind trees.

Not much doing today!

Best wishes

Andrew

please stop by my blog at http://atlanticsalmonflyguy.blogspot.com/  check out
the links to my other pages, sign up, leave comments, add to the history.
Thank-you!