[obol] Curry Terns etc. 9/10/2014

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 17:30:17 -0700

I forgot to mention that there was a cloud of ELEGANT TERNS offshore Gold
Beach on Wednesday and a couple hundred in the harbor- at least a 1,000 by
my guessimates. Knute Andersson saw 20 off Port Orford today too.

Coos Bay LB CURLEW continues near the BLM boat ramp on the north spit. I
haven't looked much for terns the past few days but the 200 were seen again
last I heard on Tuesday.

Oh, Steve Dimock had a couple AMERICAN AVOCETS on the beach last Sunday in
Bandon, after the Shorebird Festival crowd had been through I guess.  Nice
find Steve!

86 here in Coos Bay today, we had 93 last week, I could get use to this...

Merry migration!
Tim R
Coos Bay