[obol] Coquille Valley CBC January 3

  • From: HARVEY W SCHUBOTHE <ninerharv2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "OBOL obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 10:29:02 -0800

 Many of you who have participated in the past are aware that the Coquille
Value Christmas Bird Count for this season has been set for Saturday, January
3. For those who have not, this is your chance to get involved as we are
beginning to form teams.

The Coquille Valley count is centered in Bandon on the south coast. It
stretches up the Coquille River Valley inland to Coquille. As a result, it
includes a wide variety and diversity of habitat. As expected, it offers a
significant number of species to find and identify.

With the the neighboring count in Coos Bay (which is not happening this year),
the Coquille Valley count has traditionally been around the highest in the
state during the CBC season. Averaging around 150 species, last year's count of
142, while still high for Oregon CBC's, was among our lowest counts ever.

Some of the best birders from around the state participate in this count. We
try to match them with new birders just getting acquainted with CBCs and local
birders familiar with the area.

If you are interested in participating in this year's count, you can e-mail me
at hschubothe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or harv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Or if you have
any questions about the count, again contact me at one of those addresses.

Harv Schubothe
Bandon