[obol] Coos YB Loon 3/17/2013

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <garbledmodwit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 12:42:13 -0700 (PDT)

Just got a call from Dave Irons.  Him and Shawneen just spotted a YB Loon off
of the Empire Sewage Treatment plant near where the C. Eider is.
Interestingly, I had been in the same spot about an hour earlier with
KnuteAndersson and Lois Miller and pointed out the same brownish loon, with a
yellow bill to them although I decided it couldn't really be a YB Loon as I
thought the bill wasn't large enough.  Lois took some photos of the bird I
think, it was a ways across the bay though.  Nice find Dave and Shawneen!!  I
obviously need close supervision...

Tim R
Coos Bay