[obol] Re: Coos Nighthawks

  • From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 20:24:46 -0700

Common Nighthawks have been around the house for about two weeks, here just north of Bandon. This is annual; I believe they nest nearby. So while definitely less common on the coastal plain, there are a few around.

We are about 1.5 miles inland from the beach.

Cheers
Dave Lauten
Bandon OR

On 6/25/2015 7:24 PM, Tim Rodenkirk wrote:

Of local interest. I was visiting with Joe Metzler today, who gets around the county everywhere (kind of Russ Namitz-like), and he mentioned seeing COMMON NIGHTHAWKS at dusk at South Slough (bottom of Hinch Road) and at Hall Lake (north of Coos Bay in the deflation plane dunes area) lately. Nighthawks are mostly seen in the interior of the county and once or twice a year I hear them over my house in Coos Bay, but not to often.

Those living in the interior part of the county hear them regularly of course, just not so regular along the outer coast.

ENJOY!
Tim R
Coos Bay