[obol] Coos Hooded Oriole 2/25/2015

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 06:33:46 -0800

The adult male HOODED ORIOLE is still present at Barb Griffin's place in
North Bend. It was out and about and easy to see late yesterday afternoon
near the usual Camillea bush.  I have checked for the Tennessee Warbler the
last three days after work without luck.  As far as I know the last report
was on 2/16 by David Smith et al. There are lots of different flowering
shrubs and bushes now around town and the warbler could have easily found
another good clump of brush nearby to snack on insects.

Our hummer feeders have been swamped all week, there are lots of RUFOUS
HUMMERS in, more females than males now.

Knute Andersson reported Allen's Hummingbird at his place on the 18th, that
would be near Langlois, Curry, and a VG Swallow the next day.

Merry migration!
Tim Rodenkirk
Coos Bay