[obol] Re: Coos Birds 9/23/2014

  • From: HARVEY W SCHUBOTHE <ninerharv2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx" <timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx>, "OBOL obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 19:32:01 -0700

And every single bird signed a promissory note pledging to be there for the OBA
conference this weekend. They also promised to bring one rarity back each. Tim
has copies.

Harv Schubothe

Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 19:26:21 -0700
Subject: [obol] Coos Birds 9/23/2014
From: timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx
To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stopped by Bandon Marsh kind of quick on my way north late PM here is what I
saw from the observation desk:
3000- WESTERN/LEAST SANDPIPERS (The birds I could see close to the deck were
mostly Westerns, maybe 80%, but there were lots of other birds further out I
couldn't see well- around 2,000)70- BLACK-BELLIED PLOVERS60- DUNLIN2- MARBLED
GODWITS2- PECTORAL SANDPIPERS1- juvie PACIFIC GOLDEN-PLOVERthe tide was coming
in, would have been nice to walk out and get a closer look at birds, this is a
great time of year to find some unusual species.
Merry migration!Tim RCoos Bay