[obol] Common scoter

  • From: Jeff Dillon <hirundorustica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 12:29:08 -0800

David Leal and I arrived in the midst of a nasty rain squall before 7:30 this
morning to find the COMMON SCOTER. The scoter was near the mouth of the inner
boat basin with three surf scoters. The rain finally quite (but not the wind)
and we enjoyed watching the bird for over an hour. There was a bit of a who's
who of Oregon birders coming down to see the scoter as well.

Other birds in the area included harlequin ducks, long-tailed ducks, surfbirds,
black turnstones, three loon species, 6 gull species, 3 cormorant species, surf
scoters, white-winged scoter (1), 4 grebe species, and red-breasted mergansers.

Nice morning of birding albeit wet and windy.

Jeff