[obol] Re: Common Scoter

  • From: Romain Cooper <romain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Dennis Vroman" <dpvroman@xxxxxxxxxx>,<timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 18:36:32 -0800

Dennis,

You have a point there re: the tree possibly out
of bloom. No positive or negative results on the
CalbirdsNW listserve since the sighting on 2/15/15.

Tim, the directions on the CalbirdsNW listserve
were good enough to get right to the acacia trees
(2 trees side by side).  The homeowner wasn't
around when we visited (& got great views of the
male Black-Throated Blue Warbler at very close
range) shortly after the bird was first
reported.  Emails from the locals who knew the
homeowner made it clear that he did not mind
birders looking for the bird in his absence (even
though the site is just a few feet from the
house).  If anyone needs directions, send me an email and I'll forward.

cheers,   Romain
At 09:51 AM 2/26/2015, Dennis Vroman wrote:

Tim and others, The BT Blue Warbler was foraging
(presumably for insects) in a flower acacia
tree(s), which may not be in bloom now.

Dennis