[obol] Columbia County yard

  • From: Bobbett Pierce <ensatina3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 14:55:44 -0400

A colorful white-striped form of WHITE-THROATED SPARROW joined the usual
suspects this morning at the feeding stations in our Warren backyard. Nest
building: a black-capped chickadee was pulling out big tuffs of soft fiberglass
fibers from a fireplace gasket that was left laying on a patio table. Not sure
this was such a great idea, so we took it away. I replaced it with a mesh bag
(type you buy little oranges in) full of soft down feathers. So far nobody has
claimed any that I've seen.
Lona Pierce,Columbia County